For REC. 02 we have invited James Ward, live music promoter, radio presenter and photographer based in London. James is also the founder of Pretend, a multimedia platform for alternative and underground music.
“This mixtape quite closely reflects what I like to play for a bar set, it explores some new music from live acts (four in a row from Leeds to start off) and then gradually develops through a bit of Jazz before developing in a more dancey direction at the end when I hope people have loosened up a bit. Ultimately, it is all about feel, trying to evoke things people know they like to get them on their feet and into something new.’’ – James Ward
If you enjoy this mix, check our website next week for an interview with James.
- Yard Act – Dark Days
- Long Legged Creatures – Spent (feat. Joshua Zero)
- Team Picture – Handsome Machine [Clue Records]
- B-ahwe – Sweet
- Rachel Chinouriri – Darker Place
- Taeko Onuki – Les Adventures De Tintin
- DiscJosé – Haze [Limbs vol. 2 – From Inside, Out]
- Ensemble Entendu – Flat Talk
- STR4TA – Aspects
- Marie Davidson & L’Œil Nu – C’est parce que j’m’en fous
- Saccades – Like Everyday (The KVB Late Night Remix)
- Weirds – Supersymettry (Andrew Devine Remix) [Unreleased? Maybe?]
- PVA – Talks (Mura Masa Remix)
- Páula, Povoa & Jerge – Primavera
Design by Joep Hurkmans.