Since June 2021 we have teamed up with local initiatives CultureHub and FOCUS to host live listening sessions. Every month, upcoming DJ talent is selected to showcase their extraordinary taste and skills on the decks.
For October’s edition, artists Winterdagen and Imhotel were invited. Imhotel, co-founder of the Bound Centre collective, was responsible for the opening set.
Marijn de Zeeuw, who recently graduated as a filmmaker at Breda’s St. Joost School of Art & Design and now lives in Rotterdam, was at CultureHub on October the 21st to document these performances. We hope you enjoy them.
“I am really glad to have been invited to do a set for FOCUS Luistersessies. Their concept of giving DJ’s a platform to showcase music outside of a radio and/or club setting inspired me to cook up a selection of some personal favorites that I don’t often get the chance to play. From ambient to noise and from Avant-Garde folk to shoegaze. I hope the listener enjoys this set as much as I did playing and selecting it.” – Imhotel
- ASDA – The Desire For Light And Stars And Jubilant Songs
- Senyawa – Bekal Ilmu
- Felicia Atkinson – Everything Evaporate
- Dedekind Cut – American Zen 1&2
- Dedekind Cut – Lil Puffy Coat
- Puce Mary – To Possess Is To Be In Control
- Varg – UrsViken
- Felicia Atkinson & Jefre Cantu-Ledesma – B
- Puce Mary – Red Desert
- Tim Hecker & Daniel Lopatin – Vaccination (For Thomas Mann)
- Senyawa – Gugur
- El Mahdi Jr. – Bare Feet
- Doon Kanda – Perfume
- Tim Hecker & Daniel Lopatin – Intrusions
- Pharmakon – Pitted
- Varg – Sacharins Soner
- Jefre Cantu-Ledesma – In Summer